Thursday, August 10, 2006

New Apartment! & Pics Coming

Tuesday we received a green light from the Lord, and Leslie and I rented our first apartment (which will be for me until we get married on October 7 here in Torreón). Our landlady is from an Arab family that is super nice. It turns out that even though our apartment is not in the same city, Cecilia (our landlady) attends a Bible study in the home of one of the members of the congregation in Lerdo.


Another exciting fact is that last month our pre-marital counselors looked at and considered the same apartment. They own a Christian bookstore in Gómez Palacio across the state line, and our landlady has been to their store. When Leslie and I rented the apartment, we didn't know about any of these connections! Crazy considering that we live in a metroplex of over 1 million people!

The apartment is way beyond anything I had ever dreamed of living in, and the price was the same as that of many other tiny places we had seen that were much less luxurious. God had an awesome blessing in store, and we praise his name. Thank you for your many prayers.

I am taking some of Leslie's batteries to my apartment today to take some pictures so that hopefully I can have some up for you tomorrow. I think you'll be impressed.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow, Brian. This place is amazing!!!! What a palace...I can't believe you guys got such a good deal. It will be a good place to start your married life together in October. (= What day is it again???