Wednesday, August 02, 2006

More Rain in the Desert

It has been raining here quite frequently here still in the desert. It has been really nice because it makes the afternoons and evenings a little cooler, but quite muggy.

Leslie and I are just about to choose a house. We are down to two options and hopefully tomorrow we will be able to close a deal. Once I get settled in and find my battery charger, I'll be able to take pictures and let you see a little bit of my new world here.

I went to the university today and met with the university president. He was telling me of good memories with my grandfather and my mom's family. He also said that they are wanting to change some of my classes and give me classes in the afternoon in their new developing language center that will offer classes to the community.

This will be an excellent way to establish contacts for future evangelism. I have to spend time getting to know people and learning culture here before I can be an effective missionary.

Pray that God will begin preparing the cultivating the hearts of the my students and colleagues, and that he will open my eyes to opportunities to minister. We want God's reign to come along with the rain he has sent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are still getting some "tastes" of Texas!! Maybe you won't be too homesick. Shawn still enjoys the rodeo in Jasper each year. He sends his love and prayers along with ours.
Love,
Shari Gunter*