Thursday, December 15, 2005

Meeting with La Comunidad Cristiana

Last night was really neat. Rolando and I first went to a ceremony for the graduating class of the medical school where his mother teaches. She was their favorite teacher so they asked her to be the guest of honor and make a speach. She is highly respected there.

Then I went to meet Rolando's paternal grandmother. She is also the grandmother of three of my other friends at ACU: Elizabeth, Carlos and Rodrigo Macías. It was really good to meet here.

After that I went to a celebration of the local church here at the home of a sister in Christ. We sang, and a lesson, and then ate tamales. I got to meet Leslie, one of Rolando's friends that I have been corresponding with for a couple of months, and that was really a blessing. I was really thankful to get to meet with the community of faith and worship the Lord together. I haven't been able to load my pictures of last night on Rolando's camera, so I will try to put them here later.

Be blessed!!
Brian

1 comment:

Malaysian Debster said...

Glad that you're having a blast in Mexico, and even cooler that you got to meet the grandmother of those popular siblings from ACU! :)

God's blessings on you and your trip.