Friday, December 30, 2005

Back in Texas

I'm back in Texas by the grace of God! Christmas morning at church, I was talking with the pastor's son, and he told me that Monday morning they would be traveling to San Antonio. I was exstatic! I told him that I was going to be making the same trip, and then on the Houston. God had provided me traveling partners for crossing the expansive deserts of Northern Mexico. The pastor's son, Juan Carlos, rode along with me in my car. He is only 16-years-old, but he is unusually mature, and I enjoyed getting to know him. He has a heart for God's kingdom.

I also enjoyed getting to visit more with his father Juan, the pastor. The stories of our spiritual journeys share many common elements. I spent the night in San Antonio with a couple that hosted us because it was already midnight when we got there. Tuesday morning I drove on to Houston, and I spent time with my dad's parents and my cousin Mike.

Yesterday I traveled back to West Texas, and I am here with my parents and sister finally. It is a blessing to be able to be back with them.

The extra time that I spent in Mexico was really special, and I got to spend much desired time with my friend Leslie and her mother and brothers. I praise the Lord for providing for all of my needs while I was in Mexico. Even though my car broke down over the holiday weekend, a brother from church agreed to fix it on the morning of la Noche Buena (Christmas Eve). It was not an expensive repair, which is a great relief to me since I have not been able to start working yet since graduation. Everyone I was with there was very generous with me, and the spirit of giving was evident in all. Our God is good!

No comments: