Friday, December 16, 2005

Living the True Christmas

Yesterday was a relaxing day. In the afternoon we went to the mall to back tickets for the movie "Las Crónicas de Narnia. " The mall where the cinema is located is beautiful! Then Rolando, his friend Pepe and I went to bowl. Well, I came out victorious!... if the lowest score were the win the game :P Just kidding. I lost both sets, but it was fun.

Then we went to visit Rolando's older sister and her kids. I am so thankful to have met more of Rolando's family.

Then last night ten of us went to the movie together. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is such a beautiful story! It is a powerful illustration of the fact that reality is so much more than we see with our normal eyes. The Creator had to deal with a great cosmic rebellion, and we play a big role is the restoration of creation to his "shalom." I liked some specific scenes, like when Aslan (who represents the Christ) breaths on the dead creatures to give them life again. That reminded me of Jesus breathing the Holy Spirit on the disciples after his resurrection in the book of John.

I also like the statement that the Lion (Aslan) is not tame, but he is good. We cannot figure him out, and he is dangerous at times, but he is good!

This morning I called Don Pedro H. Rivas, the president of a local university here, and a long time friend of my family. Rolando and I plan to go visit him this afternoon. Brother Riva and his dad were great friends of my Papaw. It is a pleasure to get to bring them greetings for my family in the name of Christ.

I hope you guys are being able to celebrate Christmas in its true meaning with your families. Christ has been born in our hearts!!!! May we boldly share this wonderful news so that others around us might have the blessing of celebrating true Christmas, the gift of Christ being born in their hearts. May we especially be attentive to family members that don't know Jesus themselves.

God is with us!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really interested in watching "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". I read the book some months ago and I heard that the movie is very good :) It's so fantastic to realize that C.S. Lewis could speak about Jesus and the salvation in a different way! God made us creative people and we can spread the news through many ways :)

Anonymous said...

Brian, eu também assisti esse filme e confesso que amei também. Eu assisti no domingo retrasado, acho que assisti antes de você. Oro para que sua viagem pelo México seja mais do que você espera, seja muito edificante pra você e todos que você encontrar. Tudo para a glória de Cristo, o presente de Deus Pai para nós.
Jeremias 29.13