Tuesday, December 13, 2005

De Torreón, Coahuila

Hey everybody!

Everything went well with graduation Friday night. I had the weekend to visit several special people and prepare everything for my road trip. Now I am in Torreon, Mexico with my friend Rolando. We are staying in his mother's house. I look forward to meeting several of his friends this week.

Last night we spent the night in Piedras Negras just across the border from Texas. We were hosted in the house of some special family members of my mentors Jorge and Peggy. It was a wonderful stay.

Today we left Piedras Negras at 9:00 in the morning for Torreon. We stopped along the way at a place called Cuatro Cienegas in the middle of a vast desert. It is a place were beautiful blue springs of water emerge into pools of water that are as clear as glass. And the place was sooooo peaceful! You could not hear a sound.

Between Cuatro Cienegas and Torreon we passed through the most desolate place I have ever seen. Just white sands and sparce desert vegetation. The mountains were beautiful and majestic! I hope to upload pictures for you soon.

No comments: