Monday, October 17, 2005

The Posting Continues Here

I have decided to make my blog a little more personal, so now the posting will continue here.

I have been at home sick most of this weekend. Some type of allergy flare up I think. I was supposed to do a series of interviews today for my missionary research class, but I have no voice because of my hoarseness, so I suppose I will have to postpone it. During this time of sickness I do feel pretty weak, but it does serve a purpose. I have spent more time in prayer asking God to purify me and reveal what he desires for me. I believe that this time of weakness and staying at home has drawn me back closer to the Father.

I really missed being with the church yesterday. I was too weak to go, and I am afraid what I have might be contagious, so I stayed at home. That makes two weeks that I have not met with Fountain Gate. My lifeline during these two weeks has been the life group at Peggy and Jorge's house on Wednesday nights. Five of us have been fellowshipping and studying scripture together there.

Now I am going to get back to my readings for the mission theology that I am writing this semester. I am reading David J. Bosch's work that transformed mission theology, Transforming Mission: Paradigm Shifts in Theology of Mission.

No comments: