Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Papaw's Peculiar Corner
Often at night when I am just sitting in the living room reading, Papaw will come in from his place of study in the dining room leaning on his trusty cane and say, "I think I'm gonna go wash off a few layers of dirt."

This always makes me laugh because it's as if he'd been working out in the fields for a week without showering. Even though it's a mild exageration, life would be so boring if he didn't put things in his own peculiar way.

"Thank you, Lord, for putting me in Papaw's home for this special time."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian, ele morava sozinho antes de vc morar com ele? Eu imagino que ele deve adorar ter vc por perto, rindo das coisas que ele diz :) (Ah, e obrigada por explicar o sentido da frase, eu não tinha entendido :P)