Sunday, October 23, 2005

An Eary Saying

Papaw's Peculiar Corner
A little tongue-and-cheek for you this time . . .

Tonight I met a couple (Enrique and Noemi Martorell) who is visiting here from Spain. I found out that they met my Papaw many years ago in northeastern Spain, and he had stayed in their home. Noemi told me a funny saying that Papaw used to say when he was with them. It was not a saying they had heard before, but it was so funny that they continue using it to this day. I decided to use that as the peculiar saying for today.

Voy a planchar mi oreja. (Voy a acostarme en la cama)
I'm going to iron my ear. (I'm going to bed.)
Vou passar ferro na minha orelha. (Vou deitar na cama.)

Achei isso muito engraçadinho :P

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe é bem engraçado, Brian :) Seu avozinho deve ser uma pessoa muito interessante e bem-humorada :)

Anne Maria said...

Hey Brian!

So great to hear from you again! It seems like you will have a good evening with your grandfather from Spain (is that the secret why you can write and I believe speak Spanish so well?) and brother from France. God bless your evening!!

Anonymous said...

Hein? Essa expressão é minha? Ou será outra Priscila? Eu nem me lembro de tê-la escrito :P