Saturday, March 04, 2006

Friday Night Fiesta

Last night several of my dear friends and I gathered at Jorge and Peggy's house to hang out and have a good time. Probably about half of the people that came are from FountainGate (my church family). We started out just chatting and laughing together in the living room. Scrappy (the dog) was really excited when I got there. He has really missed his parents since they traveled, and I am a familiar face (or smell as it may be for a dog) to him.

After a while they turn on music and the girls started to have fun moving to the music (most of the music was Latin, my favorite). I was in the other room talking to Leslie on the phone when this started, and when I came back to the living room, all the guys were just sitting around, so I joined in the middle and began moving too, even tough my ability to choreograph moves is basically non-existent :P haha

After that the guys came along, and we all really enjoyed ourselves. It is nice to be able to dance in an environment that is clean and safe. That is one of the few environments in which I have actually danced (moving the body to music) outside of a congregational praise setting (not counting when I just get after it when I am all alone).

In my opinion dancing, just like all other activities in life, should be an act of worship to God, even if we are not in church. If my dancing is not bringing glory to the King I represent, I better just give it up.

After the dance session, four of the guys gave us a musical performance as a group, and then I performed my whole repertoire of one song. It was hilarious.

Well, I took some pictures for you guys just as we were about to go home. Sorry that I missed most of the action. Enjoy.


I fell out of the chair while shooting this.


_
_
The band adoring the pictures from their photo shoot.




That is an awesome bag of chips Eddy has!


_____ Esmeralda & Megan ____ _________ Marcela _________

2 comments:

Anne Maria said...

Thanks for your funny comments on my blog:-) I agree with what you are writing about dancing. Great to read about the fellowship you have with your friends! God bless u,bro!

Malaysian Debster said...

So nice to see some familiar faces there! :) Miss everyone at ACU...

Glad to know that things are going well for you, Brian. I pray that the Lord will continue to guide you towards the path that He desires you to walk on. It's amazing to see what the future will hold!