Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Job Search Is On

Well, back to the posting board again. During the last two weeks I have been on the job search a little more intensely. Two weekends ago I went to the University of Texas at Austin for a full day of interviewing for Teach for America. I think things went really well, and by April 13 I should know if they have accepted me into the core.

This week I talked to a small private school near my home about teaching Spanish, and they told me I could have the job, but the salary is too low to live on. Other than that, I am in contact with a few small schools around Texas. The starting salary at a public school is definitely sufficient for me at this stage of life, even for when Leslie and I get married.

Leslie is coming this weekend. I am to pick her up in San Antonio this Sunday morning. This is exciting because it is the first time for her to have a look into my life here in Abilene. Exciting times!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So, this is the part that grabbed my attention:

"even for when Leslie and I get married."

Is there a date yet? Or is this just an indefinite when for the time being.(=

-Jessica