Wednesday, December 13, 2006

El Puente de Ojuela

Come visit a magical place discovered in the 1500's.





The mines of Ojuela were discovered during the early colonization of Mexico. Soon settlers came and built this ancient town atop two majestic mountains. The mines were exploited for centuries until in the 1960's the place was flooded and the settlement abandoned.

We went last Friday went it was freezing cold and so foggy at first that you cold not see more than 10 feet in front of you. I felt like I was in a ghost town from a movie. I invite you to check out the photos of our adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,

i thought i should stop by and dropped a line. I recently went to this old mine and i found it interesting, i learned some things about the mining and kind of life people had in the past, i liked it and i am coming back next year to visit the other parts of this mine.

Thank you

Luis Hernandez
LHernandez20@my.devry.edu

Sean said...

it may still be good for you to keep posting a few things my friend.